But first, some backgrounders on hood exhibits and the scholarship:
hood exhibits is an award-winning design and fabrication company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. hood exhibits focuses on elevating and enhancing corporate branding and identity for event marketing, trade shows, retail environments corporate lobbies, showrooms, museums, mobile exhibits and interactive kiosks.
Here at hood exhibits, we can design engineer and fabricate almost anything our clients dream of. We live, eat, and breathe design and production in all of its forms: CAD, Microvellum, woodworking, graphic design, engineering, photography, sketching. We have used pretty much every tool related to the creative process to make our clients’ dreams a reality.
About the hood exhibits Excellence in Design Scholarship
hood exhibits has successfully designed and fabricated innovative, out-of-the-box and visually striking displays for nearly two decades. Our success is due to the combined efforts of an amazingly creative team. Here at hood, we build our business on imaginative thinking and we truly believe in supporting the next generation of creative thinkers.
The hood exhibits Excellence in Design Scholarship seeks to provide a financial beginning to the continuing efforts of budding artistic minds. The scholarship contest rewards a talented new artist for an original design using the hood exhibits logo and a written explanation of his/her design and why the contestant believes in the importance of design.
Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
Check out the hood exhibits blog.
hood exhibits Holiday Card Design Scholarship Contest
How do I enter?
Step One Choose from 2 hood exhibits logos here:
* Click on your logo of choice and click the download button at the top of the screen.
Step Two Begin the creative process. Think of creative ways to use the hood exhibits logo to create your own design. Keep in mind that this design will be used for this year’s hood exhibits’ corporate holiday card.
Step Three Head to the drawing board and get going! Feel free to use any medium that you’d like- whether it be Photoshop, a sketchpad, or paints and canvas.
Step Four Make sure your design falls within the following guidelines:
a. Must fit onto the cover of a 5"x7" card
b. Must include the hood exhibits logo
c. Must preserve positive portrayal of hood exhibits logo
d. Must be an original design, excluding the use of the hood exhibits logo
e. Must preserve a majority of the yellow color in the logo. i.e., only a small portion, such as the box can be changed to a different color.
a. Save your file in one of the following formats:
Step Four Once you have completed your design, save your design in one of the following file formats:
i. High-resolution jpeg or PDF
ii. Note: the file must be suitable for printing
Step Five Write a short, 400 words or less response to the following questions:
a. Why do you think creative design is important?
b. What inspired you to create the holiday card design?
Step Six Submit!
a. Send your submission with:
- Your first and last name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
b. The submission must be received by November 24, 2009.
c. You may submit up to 5 designs.
Who is eligible?
- You must be 13 years or older at the time of submission to enter;
- If you win, you consent to have your name, submission (including design and written entry), and picture posted on hood exhibits’ websites; and
- Currently enrolled full-time in secondary or post-secondary education.
Why the Holiday Card Design Scholarship Contest?
In past years, hood exhibits has held a holiday card contest within the company to see how creative the creative minds here can get. This year, we thought it might be fun to open up the contest to creative minds in the making- middle school and high school students, art and design college students, pretty much anyone who’d like a chance to see their designs in print.
As an added bonus, this will be our first year offering the hood exhibits’ Excellence in Design Scholarship. hood exhibits is committed to supporting the arts- but most importantly, the next generation of creative thinkers in the arts. See below to learn more (“About the hood exhibits Excellence in Design Scholarship”).
Who Judges the Designs and How?
The hood exhibits team will judge the designs. This team includes seasoned design experts who specialize in varied areas of the creative process.
When Will the Winner be Chosen?
The winner will be chosen and announced by December 16, 2009. He/she will be notified through email by this date.
What does the Winner Receive?
- $500 hood exhibits Excellence in Design Scholarship
- His/ her winning design printed in the hood exhibits corporate holiday card
- A visit the hood exhibits corporate headquarters to learn about the ins and out of a full-cycle design and fabrication process *transportation is not included.
- A feature on the hood exhibits blog, the hood exhibits website, and the hood exhibits Holiday Card Design Scholarship Contest blog.
- Note: the winner must claim his/ her scholarship by January 1, 2010, or forfeit the prize.
Where Can I Find out More?
Visit our website: http://www.hoodexhibits.com/
Read our blog: http://hoodexhibits.blogspot.com/
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Information submitted by participants shall not be sold or redistributed in any way. All information is for internal use only, and shall be deleted upon completion of the scholarship judging.
3. Students who participate in the contest shall not be automatically enrolled to receive any communications unless they have provided their express consent, nor shall they be required to do so in order to participate in any aspect of the scholarship.
4. Any questions regarding personal information as it is used for the purposes of this scholarship, or requests to have information expunged from our records, may be directed to:
hood exhibits Holiday Card Design Scholarship
1001 Canal Blvd
Point Richmond, CA 94804